Our lead scientist hold a master degree in Biology and a PhD in health science from Universe of Copenhagen and our team have solid experience in the area of working with yeast.
Over time we have optimised a successful method with a high success rate of finding usefull brewer’s yeast in nature. We can use all kinds of material from nature like berries, fruits, leafes from plants etc.
We have found 4 different strains on a Danish bee, all verified to be Saccharomyces cerevisiae. We found brewer’s yeast in a sour dough for mother restaurant, also Saccharomyces cerevisiae. All yeast strains are sent for sequencing by an external laboratory in Canada, Escarpment Labs, where our backup yeast bank also is located. We also have isolated private strains which is not mentioned on our homepage.
- CooLAB101 belongs to Munkebo Brewery and makes notes of banana for brewing Weissbier.
- CooLAB102 belongs to Munkebo Brewery and makes notes of raspberry and cherries for brewing all kinds of ales.
- CooLAB103 belongs to Munkebo Brewery and makes notes of green apples and banana.
- CooLAB104 belongs to Munkebo Brewery and makes notes of preach and apricot for brewing triples and other Belgian ales.
- CooLAB106 belongs to mother restaurant in Copenhagen and makes beautiful notes of citrus and pineapple, perfect for IPAs.
- CooLAB202 belongs to mother restaurant in Copenhagen and makes beautiful notes of citrus and can ferment at 10°C for all kinds of lagers.
The next yeast we isolate can be Yours, contact us for price and to know more about how we can help finding your own yeast strain.